I love this time of the year because it is an opportunity to really let go of the past, embrace the present and set intentions for the future. Of course every day is an opportunity to set goals and dreams but the end of the year and the start of a new one carries a more intense energy because as a whole we are all making these changes together.
Here are some ways to help you get the most out of the year of the Sheep (goat/ram)
1. Beginning February 19, 2015 we move into the year of the Green Wood Sheep. Under the yin influence, the sheep is a symbol of peace, balance, harmony, and calmness. Expect to solve more problems intellectually than physically and achieve more by being compassionate than unsympathetic.
2. Let go of old ideals that no longer serve you. Everything is constantly evolving so in order to be aligned with the universe, we have to evolve along with it. Try to refrain from being stuck in old beliefs and be open to continue to grow and move forward, even if it is outside the herd.
3. Keep the good stuff and enhance on it even more. Don’t let go of everything. Focus on the positives you acquired this year and promise yourself to continue improving on these aspects in the new year.
4. Refuse to make the same mistakes. Acknowledge your mistakes and move forward. The same people and situations come in many different forms. If you question it or them, there in lies your answer.
5. Harness the energy of the sheep. With focus and determination the sheep excels. Without focus, a sheep wanders off and gets lost. Practice self-awareness, meditation, acquire knowledge and the year of the sheep will be in your favor.